Friends of the Freer|Sackler
Enjoy the Freer and Sackler Galleries through exclusive privileges reserved for Friends.
Join other Asian art lovers by becoming a member of the Friends of the Freer|Sackler, our distinguished group of contributors. As a Friend, you receive insider access to the museums as well as other special benefits to show our appreciation of your generous support. Qualifying contributions include membership for one full year and entitle two people to participate in all Friends events.
The federal government provides only 30 percent of the Freer and Sackler Galleries’ annual budget. We rely on Friends like you to support the museums.
Each level of membership includes:
- Subscription to the Friends monthly e-newsletter
- Discounts in the Smithsonian’s museum shops and on a subscription to Orientations magazine
- Priority reserved seating (if available) at concerts and films
- An invitation to exhibition opening receptions for Friends only
- Monthly insider opportunities, such as curator-led tours of exhibitions
- An invitation to the Annual Friends Day and Dinner
- An invitation to the Annual Gala
Join the Friends today or renew your membership online.
Contact the Friends office
Please contact Jane Kestner at KestnerJ@si.edu or 202.633.0417 with your questions about Friends membership.
Silk Road Society
Learn more about the Silk Road Society, a membership group for young professionals interested in Asian art.
The Friends Council
This dedicated group of Friends serves on the Freer|Sackler’s only fundraising advisory board.
Lisa Jorgenson, Co-Chair
Robin Berrington, Co-Chair
Gale Awaya McCallum
The Friends Diplomatic Committee
The Friends Diplomatic Committee is an honorary committee of foreign ambassadors to the United States in Washington, DC.