Cap for acupuncture needle case (set with F1917.538)
- Needle case cap
- Historical period(s)
- Goryeo period, 12th-13th century
- Gilt silver
- H x Diam: 5.6 x 1.3 cm (2 3/16 x 1/2 in)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Emblematic long life, the crane design on this case for needles used in acupuncture therapy reflects the health-giving properties of the treatment.
Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company, New York, New York in 1917 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. Also see Original Miscellaneous List, S. I. 1270, Freer Galley of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Korean Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum