- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (United States, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- Ink and watercolor wash on cream wove paper
- H x W: 22.3 x 17.9 cm (8 3/4 x 7 1/16 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Frederick Keppel and Co., London, England, and New York, NY, to 1898 
From 1898 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Frederick Keppel and Co. in 1898 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Drawings, pg. 1, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- C.L. Freer source: Frederick Keppel and Co.
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum