Silk Road Society
Embark on a journey through Asia with the Silk Road Society, a dynamic group for young professionals (ages 21–40) at the Freer and Sackler Galleries. Along with a deeper understanding of the wonders of Asia—from Istanbul to Tokyo—members receive special access to many of the museums' most popular offerings, plus discounts in the shops and at DC-area hotspots. Join other art enthusiasts in exploring 5,000 years of Asian art and culture, and discover one of our nation's most important cultural institutions.
Individual Membership: $150
- Invitations to member-only events, including curator-led tours, receptions at private residences, and visits to contemporary galleries
- Behind-the-scenes access to F|S collections and storage vaults
- Reserved seating at select films and performances in the Freer's Meyer Auditorium
- Discounted tickets to the afterhours series Asia After Dark
- VIP access and discounted tickets to an annual black-tie soiree
- Community benefits, including discounts at local restaurants, yoga studios, and shops
- Happy hours at local Asian eateries
- 10 percent discount in the Sackler shop
- $108 is tax deductible
Dual Membership: $275
Both members receive all individual benefits. $191 is tax deductible.
Mix, mingle, and sip specialty cocktails while checking out musicians, performances, traditional cuisines, and Asian art and art activities. Silk Road Society members save up to 40% on tickets and have enhanced access, which means no waiting in lines at the entry, plus one extra drink ticket.
Learn more about Asia After Dark »
Revel in black-tie at the Freer and Sackler's gala after-party for young professionals. Enjoy a dessert-and-dance extravaganza following an exciting exhibition opening event. Silk Road Society members can purchase tickets at a discounted price.
Meyer Auditorium Performances
The Freer and Sackler hosts a wide variety of exceptional films, dance troupes, and instrumentalists throughout the year. Silk Road Society members will have the opportunity to attend a pre-event reception and then gather as a group in reserved seating for a unique performance.
Silk Road Society membership provides exciting benefits at several D.C.-area hotspots. Stay tuned for more details!
Silk Road Society events feature wines generously provided by Swirl & Sip
Ms. Allison Peck
Mr. Aman Malik
Ms. Ceren Ozer
Ms. Denise Wu
Ms. Elizabeth Bridgforth
Ms. Elizabeth Ladt
Mr. Gregory Lawson
Ms. Margalit Monroe
Mr. Navroop Mitter
Ms. Orianne Dutka
Ms. Sarah Reintjes