Silk Road Society
Journey through Asia with the Silk Road Society, a dynamic group for young professionals at the Freer and Sackler Galleries. Along with a deeper understanding of the wonders of Asia, members receive special access to the Galleries’ exhibitions, performances, and popular evening events, plus discounts in Smithsonian shops and at DC-area hotspots. Join other art enthusiasts in exploring 5,000 years of Asian art and culture, and discover one of our nation's most important cultural institutions.
Two members may share the $150 membership, or a single member may bring one guest to all events.
- Invitations to member-only events, including curator-led tours, receptions at private residences, pre-event receptions, and visits to contemporary galleries
- Behind-the-scenes access to F|S collections and storage vaults
- Reserved seating at select films, concerts, and performances in the Meyer Auditorium
- Discounted tickets to Asia After Dark
- Discounted tickets to an annual black-tie soiree after-party
- Community partnership benefits, including discounts at local restaurants, yoga studios, and shops
- Happy hours at local Asian eateries
- 10% discount in the Smithsonian shops on the National Mall
- $108 is tax-deductible
Silk Road Society membership provides exciting benefits at several DC-area hotspots.
Connect with the Silk Road Society
Join us on Facebook to stay up to date with the #SilkRoadSociety!
Contact the Silk Road Society Office
Questions about your membership or becoming a member? Please contact Whitney Kellaher at Email
Friends of the Freer|Sackler
The Friends is a distinguished group of contributors who share a love for Asian art. Learn more about the Friends of the Freer|Sackler.
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board comprises individuals who volunteer their time to support the Silk Road Society in all its endeavors. The group’s main concerns are membership, events, and recruitment, which are discussed in quarterly meetings.