The Galleries are renowned for developing dynamic exhibitions that explore the artistic traditions of Asian and American art, encourage cultural appreciation and understanding, and offer new knowledge and fresh perspectives. Our goal is to challenge visitors to think about Asian art and culture as a dynamic process, one that is in dialogue with the past and influenced by the present. From explorations of enduring traditional forms to the forefront of new media and digital technology, your donation will support the development of groundbreaking exhibitions of the highest artistic and cultural significance.
Learn more about acclaimed international exhibitions:
- In the Beginning: Bibles Before the Year 1000, 2006
- Hokusai, 2006
- Encompassing the Globe: Portugal in the World in the 16th and 17th Centuries, 2007
- Return of the Buddha, 2004
- Hiroshi Sugimoto: History of History, 2006
- Garden and Cosmos: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur, 2008
- Falnama: The Book of Omens
- Echoes of the Past: The Buddhist Cave Temples of Xiangtangshan, 2011
- Roads of Arabia: Archeaology and the History of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2012
Donate NowDonate online now, or learn how your gift will benefit the Freer and Sackler:
Research and Conservation
JoinDiscover new ways to enjoy the Freer and Sackler Galleries through exclusive privileges reserved for members only.
Learn more »
VolunteerVolunteers are an essential link between the public and the museum and work to carry out the museum's educational mission.
Learn more »