- Hinduism is the world's third-largest religion, after
Christianity and Islam.
- Today there are about 650 million Hindus worldwide.
- The majority of Hindus live in India, where the religion
- One in every seven people in the world is a Hindu living
- There are also significant Hindu populations in Bangladesh,
Nepal, and Pakistan, and smaller groups in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Fiji,
Africa, Europe, Canada, and the United States.
- About three-quarters of a million Hindus live and work
in the United States.While Hindus in each region have altered their religion
to suit the needs of the surrounding culture, all Hindus share a common
set of traditions.
- Hinduism was not founded by one individual. Rather, it
is a fusion of many religious beliefs and philosophical schools. Accordingly,
Hinduism is said to be a religion of a million and one gods.
World map view