Freer Renovation: What's Happening?
As renovation work continues in the Freer Gallery, the Sackler Gallery also will close on July 10, 2017. This museum-wide closure will allow us to completely reinstall our exhibitions and revitalize features to improve your visit. Both spaces will reopen on October 14, 2017, when we will welcome the public back to the Freer|Sackler: two galleries, one destination.
Keep the Connection
Until July 10, the Sackler remains open to present not-to-be-missed special exhibitions, and events are held both in the museum and at venues throughout the DC area. You can explore the full Freer|Sackler collections through our digital offerings:
- Open|FS, a searchable database of our world-class holdings (more than 40,000 objects)
- The Google Art Project, a virtual replication of the Freer featuring masterpieces in stunning detail
- Free apps on the Peacock Room and our Korean collection
- The Freer|Sackler Bookshelf, stocked with dozens of our digitized publications on Asian and American art
- A forthcoming online catalogue showcasing our collection of Chinese jades
- View videos of docent-led Freer in Focus talks
Sign up for our e-newsletters to stay up-to-date on the renovation and all Freer|Sackler exhibitions and events.