Freer Renovation: What's Happening?
We are closing the Freer on January 4, 2016, and reopening in 2017 for long-needed upgrades to our infrastructure. The renovation also is an opportunity to re-present our collections and to improve the visitor experience throughout the museum.
Keep the Connection
The Sackler remains open to present not-to-be-missed special exhibitions, and events are held both in the museum and at venues throughout the DC area. You can explore the full Freer|Sackler collections through our digital offerings:
- Open|FS, a searchable database of our world-class holdings (more than 40,000 objects)
- The Google Art Project, a virtual replication of the Freer featuring masterpieces in stunning detail
- Free apps on the Peacock Room and our Korean collection
- The Freer|Sackler Bookshelf, stocked with dozens of our digitized publications on Asian and American art
- A forthcoming online catalogue showcasing our collection of Chinese jades
Sign up for our e-newsletters to stay up-to-date on the renovation and all Freer|Sackler exhibitions and events.