Folio from a Qur'an, sura 56:75-77
- Detached manuscript folio
- Historical period(s)
- Mamluk period, late 14th century
- Ink, color and gold on paper
- H x W: 32.6 x 25.2 cm (12 13/16 x 9 15/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Qur'an; right-hand half of a double-page frontispiece now separate from its facing folio (F1948.9), Arabic in white kufic script on a blue and gold floral ground, Sura al- Waqi'a (the Event) 56: 75-77; one of a set of 3 folios.
Border: The text is set in an illuminated border of gold and lapis.
This frontispiece marks the beginning of the 3rd section of sura 56.
- Please see F1948.9 for the left half of this folio.
Kirkor Minassian, New York to 1932 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Kirkor Minassian, New York in 1932 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note.
 See note 1. Also see Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
- Former owner
- Kirkor Minassian (1874 - 1944)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum