Cup with design of peony blossoms
- Historical period(s)
- Goryeo period, first half of 12th century
- Stoneware with iron pigment under celadon glaze
- 6.0 x 9.0 cm
- Korea, Jeolla-do province, Gangjin or Buan county, Gangjin or Buan kilns
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- This cylindrical cup once rested on a ceramic cup-stand with matching deocration and would have been used for serving wine.
Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1917 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. Also see Original Pottery List, L. 2548, Freer Galley of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owners
- Yamanaka and Co.
- On View Location
- Freer, Gallery 14: Cranes and Clouds: Inlay in Korean Ceramics
- Collection(s) Area
- Korean Art
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum