- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (United States, 1834-1903)
Sitter: Walter Richard Sickert (1860 - 1942)
- Historical period(s)
- Lithograph on paper
- H x W: 18.4 x 14.1 cm (7 1/4 x 5 9/16 in)
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler lithographs are identified by "C." numbers as described in The Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler (Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago, 1998). This print is C.115, single state, only impression.
Rosalind Birnie-Philip (1873-1958), London, to 1903 
From 1903 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), received from Rosalind Birnie-Philip in 1903 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Lithographs, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. This object was received from Miss Birnie-Philip on December 31, 1903, and was paid for in June 1905.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Rosalind Birnie-Philip (C.L. Freer source) (1873 - 1958)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum