Seto ware serving bowl or tea-ceremony wastewater bowl
- Historical period(s)
- Edo period, 19th century
- Stoneware with ash glaze; gold lacquer repairs
- Seto ware
- H x W x D: 9.7 x 15.8 x 15.8 cm (3 13/16 x 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 in)
- Japan, Aichi prefecture, Seto
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1897 
From 1897 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1897 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 451, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- C.L. Freer source: Yamanaka and Co.
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum