Karamono tea caddy, bunrin type
- Tea caddy (karamono taikai chaire)
- Historical period(s)
- Southern Song to Ming dynasty, 12th-15th century
- Stoneware with iron and ash glazes; ivory lid
- 5.1 x 6.5 cm
- China, Possibly Fujian province
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1897 
From 1897 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1897 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 724, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owners
- Yamanaka and Co.
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- brown and black glaze, China, Ming dynasty (1368 - 1644), Southern Song dynasty (1127 - 1279), stoneware, tea
- Collection(s) Area
- Chinese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum