Mino ware bowl with pedestal foot, Oribe style
- Historical period(s)
- Edo period, ca. 1620-1630
- Stoneware with copper-green glaze and iron pigment under clear glaze; gold lacquer repairs
- Mino ware, Oribe type
- H x W x D: 8.6 x 14.6 x 14.6 cm (3 3/8 x 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in)
- Japan, Gifu prefecture, Kani city, Kukuri village, Yashichida kilns, Ogaya kiln group
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1896 
From 1896 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1896 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 477, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- C.L. Freer source: Yamanaka and Co.
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum