Lidded jar with design of butterflies
- Historical period(s)
- Qing dynasty, 19th century
- Stoneware with white slip, iron pigment under and over clear glaze.
- Cizhou-type ware
- H x W x D (overall): 17.5 x 13 x 18.1 cm (6 7/8 x 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 in)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Bunkyo Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1896 
From 1896 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkyo Matsuki in 1896 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- C.L. Freer source: Bunkyo Matsuki 松木文恭 (1867-1940)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum