Taizan ware vase with design of the character for "longevity"
- Historical period(s)
- Edo period, 1850-1860
- Porcelain with cobalt decoration under clear glaze
- Taizan ware
- H x W: 29 x 16.6 cm (11 7/16 x 6 9/16 in)
- Japan, Kyoto prefecture, Kyoto, Awataguchi
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Rufus E. Moore (1840 - 1918), New York, NY, to 1895 
From 1895 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Rufus E. Moore in 1895 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 45, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Rufus E. Moore (C.L. Freer source) (1840 - 1918)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum