- Historical period(s)
- Edo period, 1750-1810
- Stoneware with rice-straw ash glaze and trails of wood-ash glaze
- Agano ware
- H x W (overall): 24.3 x 19.6 cm (9 9/16 x 7 11/16 in)
- Japan, Fukuoka prefecture
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Jar, ovoidal; flat recessed base; flat unglazed lip; neck broken and repaired.
Clay: coarse, fired reddish-brown.
Glaze: mottled gray, crackled, milky purplish overflow.
Tozo Takayanagi, New York to 1892 
From 1892 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Tozo Takayanagi in 1892 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 12, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- Takayanagi Tozo (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Collection(s) Area
- Japanese Art
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum