- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (United States, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- Etching and dry point on paper
- H x W (overall): 12.7 x 17.6 cm (5 x 6 15/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
- Whistler etchings are identified by "G" numbers as assigned in "James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, a catalogue raisonn," by Margaret F. McDonald, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock (University of Glasgow, 2012), http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk. This print is G240 state 7 of 9.
M. Knoedler & Co., New York. 
From 1887 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from M. Knoedler & Co., New York in 1887. 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer. 
 See Bill of Sale dated November 11, 1887 in the Charles Lang Freer Papers, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. At the time of this sale, M. Knoedler & Co. was located in New York City, later the gallery opened branches in London and Paris. See also Curatorial Remark 5 in the object record.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery of Art.
- Former owner
- M. Knoedler & Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- On View Location
- Currently not on view
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum