Doorway and Vine
- Artist: James McNeill Whistler (United States, 1834-1903)
- Historical period(s)
- Etching and drypoint on paper
- 23.2 x 17.0 cm
- United States
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Accession Number
Frederick Keppel and Co., London, England, and New York, NY, to 1887 
From 1887 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Frederick Keppel and Co. in 1887 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Etchings, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Also, F1887.2 - F1887.27 originally formed a set of twenty-six images purchased from Keppel and Co. on November 11, 1887 (see Curatorial Remark 3 in the object record).
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Former owner
- C.L. Freer source: Frederick Keppel and Co.
- On View Location
- Freer: Fine Impressions: Whistler, Freer, and Venice
- Collection(s) Area
- American Art
- Web Resource(s)
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
- Copyright with museum